“A small amount of charity to the needy adds to your very prosperity. Do it – sweetly, smilingly in your own small, modest way”
Those who run into bad portfolio in past for one reason or another can have it reviewed or restructured on

A. Calling at Mob: 08813013300
B. Writing at Email: tilak22b@gmail.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Knowing English

Dear Friends,

Good morning.

We talk too often and too much about the stocks and may be we are making reasonable money from our sincere efforts. But this is not the end of this journey. It being not our mother tongue, sometimes we fail to make out fully from some idioms (in English) which otherwise are in normal use.

It is not that my friends (in you) are academically poor that they need to be taught by me. NEVER. Majority of them in you are academically very rich and well placed. But, recycling of one's memory keeps us in fine stead and thus makes our life easier in society. Sometimes, even re-visiting once awhile take us back to the student days ! Is not that true ??

Today, we begin with a series of Idioms. Am sure, you will enjoy going thro these.

What is an Idiom ?

An Idiom is called idiomatic in literally sense.

Here are some Idioms with their meaning/expression

- A big cheese- an important or a powerful person in a group or family

-A bird's eye view- a view from a very high place which allows you to see a large area

-A bone of contention- something that people argue for a long time

-A cock and a bull story- a story or an explanation which is obviously not true.

-At the crack of the dawn- very early in morning.

Tilak
Tagged:
·

Comments

• Great Initiate.!! Using idioms in your communication (Oral, Written) portrays a good impression and it's very helpful for working professionals like us.
    I've been always fond of Idioms and must say, "It's a great Initiate.!!

Kudos.!!
    ·