Here are some of the measures one can take to save water :
1. Use a pan or bowl of water to rinse your fruits and vegetables instead of letting the water run in the sink.
2. Turn down water pressure when you don’t need it to come out of the faucet at full force.
3. Keep a pitcher of drinking water in the fridge – then you will drink all the water you run, instead of letting some of it waste away down the drain each time you fill a glass.
4. Purchase an instant water heater and place it near your sink in the kitchen, so you don’t waste water while you are waiting for it to heat up.
5. Don’t allow water to run while you wash dishes by hand. Fill up one side of the sink to wash all the dishes and another to rinse them. You’ll save several gallons each time you practice this conservation technique.